Towns are invited to e-mail ads for listings. Listings are free if website only; newsletter listings do have a cost, so please indicatewhere you would like your listing to be placed. Thank you.
(Please also remember to indicate how long it should remain posted; if you have photos, please send as separate jpeg files; ads from commercial sources can be posted if the ads are also placed in the monthly WTA magazine.)
The Town of Cedarburg is seeking a full-time Public Works Crew Member to join our hard-working team. Applicants with experience in a public works or construction setting and a strong work ethic are encouraged to apply. Hourly wage is between $18-$21, depending upon qualifications. Click here for the job description and application.
Applications are due December 11th to:
Town of Cedarburg
1293 Washington Avenue
Cedarburg, WI 53012
FALLS Model V90 V-Plow
12 Foot, 60” Nose height, 84” Discharge height.
Never used, paid $11,045 new - Asking $8,500 or best offer.
For more information call
Town of Oregon Public Works Abel Schultz at (608) 438-2397
Town of Oregon Chairman Wayne Ace at (608) 576-7281
For Sale: 1994 Freightliner Pumper Truck
1994 Freightliner FL80 w/ Cummins 8.3L 300HP engine with an Allison MD3060P automatic transmission
Miles: approximately 18,000 mi - Hours: approximately 1,500 hrs
3D Manufacturing model Paramount I QSG125-23L w/ 1,000 gallon UPF poly tank & an electric/hydraulic fold down ladder rack on left side
Hale QSG125-23L rated at 1,250 GPM (passed current tests)
Front suction system w/ 6” piping
Mid-ship control panel and connections
Hale Foam Pro foam injection system
6,000 PSI 4 bottle cascade system w/ fill station for SCBA
Additional info & equipment included:
Truck has 2 compartments for (6) SCBA (SCBA not included)
Mid-ship has room for 2 200’ cross lays (1.5”) (not included)
Truck is equipped w/ air and electric shoreline connections
Includes 2 10’ (6”) hard suction hoses
Includes 2 Kenmar 6” low level suction strainers
Includes Akron Apollo deck gun w/adjustable nozzle
Includes portable base that deck gun can be mounted to
Includes 35’ triple section ladder
Includes 24’ double section ladder
Includes 14’ roof ladder
Includes 3 pike poles
Offered by the Seymour Rural Fire Dept of Seymour, WI
Pumper is in excellent conditioned and has been well serviced
Call Dean at 920-833-7033 or 920-227-8470
or Harlan at 920-739-5424 or 920-850-0622
or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
TOWN OF SUPERIOR
FIRE NUMBER SIGN REPLACEMENT
The Town of Superior in Douglas County, WI, will be accepting sealed bids for the purchase of fire signs and posts, and installation of the same. Sealed bids will be received at the Town of Superior Hall, 4917 S. State Road 35, Superior, WI, Attn: Sheila Keup, until 10:00 am December 1, 2015, at which time they will be publicly opened and read aloud.
Bids submitted should itemize each of the following:
1. FIRE NUMBER SIGNS: Price per sign for approximately 1000 fire number signs as follows: 8IN X 18IN two?sided,
flag?style, aluminum. Each face requires white 4IN address number and 1IN road name on red background.
Entire sign is reflective and all reflective material must comply with Department of Transportation standards.
2. SIGN POSTS: Approximately 1000 each 6.5FT painted green, 1.12LB/FT, 30 hole punch, steel channel.
3. INSTALLATION: Provide installation cost per sign for install of 350, 500, and 1000 signs, and length of time required for installation of each quantity. Install will begin in the spring of 2015 and includes coordination with utility companies, installation of sign post in uniform location in accordance with Douglas County requirements, removal of existing Town?provided post material and delivery of old material back to Town Garage.
All pertinent documents may be examined at the Town Hall (715) 399?8385 or call Bill Conner at (715) 398?7078 between 7:00 and 7:30 AM Monday thru Friday, or Darryl Fiegle at (218) 393?8211. In accordance with the WI Statute 66.0903, not less than the prevailing rate of wages as determined by the Department of Workforce Development shall be paid to all laborers, workmen, and mechanics performing work under the contract.
The Town Board of Supervisors reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive technicalities. Unless the bids are rejected for good cause, award of contract shall be made to the lowest responsible and responsive bidder.
Deputy City Clerk
City of Appleton
The City of Appleton is seeking a progressive, energetic person for the position of Deputy City Clerk. Work involves assisting the City Clerk in carrying out all functions of the office and in the absence of the City Clerk performing administrative responsibilities in a prompt, efficient, and lawful manner. The Deputy City Clerk will act as City Clerk in the event of his/her absence. Work requires the exercise of initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in handling delegated administrative details and the performance of various clerical duties. This position requires extensive experience in responsible administrative and clerical work, plus additional training of at least three to five years beyond high school, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Certification as a Wisconsin Certified Municipal Clerk is preferred. Regular attendance required. This position offers a salary which is commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus an excellent fringe benefit package. If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete an on-line application at www.appleton.org by no later than Sunday, November 15, 2015. Resumes without an application will not be considered.
City of Appleton
Human Resources Department/6th Floor
100 N. Appleton Street
Appleton, WI 54911
Equal Opportunity Employer
Town of Mosinee, Marathon County
The Town of Mosinee, located just outside of Wausau, is looking for Road Supervisor. This position is open because our current Road Supervisor is retiring after 17 years of service.
If this position sounds interesting to you, please send a cover letter and resume to:
692 Dalton Drive
Mosinee, WI 54455
Brief Description of Position:
The following duties and responsibilities are typical for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. This is not an employment contract.
This position involves the maintenance and improvement of the roads, parks, and other Town owned property and facilities within the Town of Mosinee. The employee must at times exercise independent judgement and perform tasks without supervision. As an employee of the Town, the employee is expected to be courteous at all times and represent the Town in a professional and positive manner.
Essential Job Functions / Requirements
· Supervise and schedule seasonal part-time employees. Responsible for verifying and submitting time sheets and reports.
· Plan and schedule new and routine maintenance of all Town owned equipment, properties and facilities as needed.
o Oil, filter and lube equipment as needed
o Keep maintenance records on all equipment
o Equipment not repairable in-house, make arrangements to have repaired at dealer or local garage.
· Order supplies and maintain inventory of all supplies needed. Manage supplies in a neat, orderly and clean fashion.
· Maintain a five year plan on road improvements.
· Review inventory and conditions of the department and recommend various ideas / projects to Town Board for possible approval.
· Manages all aspects of job duties in accordance with Town, County, State and Federal rules and regulations.
· Must possess and maintain a valid Wisconsin Commercial Drivers License (CDL), with proper endorsements as required and needed to operate Town trucks and equipment.
· Must have a mechanical understanding of equipment and be able to repair / fix when broken or damaged. Examples include: Trucks, Heavy Equipment, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, construction, welding and fabrication, chainsaws, mowers, etc.
· Will make all efforts to attend monthly Town Board meetings.
· Ability to maintain effective working relationships with department staff, colleagues, representatives of local, County and State governments, community organizations and the general public.
· Demonstrate and maintain good communication skills at all times and perform duties in a professional manner.
· Ensures that all public works employees receive appropriate safety training and that the employees observe appropriate safety standards and precautions.
· Plans, assigns, and directs work related to road improvements and construction:
o Inspect granite roads weekly & black top roads monthly
o Road sign maintenance and replacement as needed
o Patch holes, seal and crack fill as needed
o Clear brush and trees from right-of-ways as needed
o Inspect all bridges and culverts yearly
o Clean snow and ice from all sidewalks and entrances of Town Hall
o Road inspection yearly with the Town Board
· Attend conferences and seminars as necessary and approved by the board.
· Available nights, holidays and weekends during snow, ice and/or wind storms and other emergencies or ascertains that qualified personnel are on call.
· Inspect and issue driveway permits.
· Be the point of contact and inspector for contractors bidding or doing work for the Town
· Take initiative in identifying both problems and solutions in the Township.
· Inform the Town Chairperson of:
o Any immediate problems that the Road Supervisor cannot resolve
o Days off or sick
o Accidents, report and fill out proper paperwork and forward to the town clerk
o Road closures or detours
o Any contact with the Sheriff, County Highway or the Fire Department.
· Any other duties as assigned and consistent with responsibilities of the position.
o High School diploma
o Technical School training or equivalent experience
o Possess and maintain a valid CDL
o Experience in heavy equipment operation
o Experience in repair of mechanical equipment
o Welding experience
Environmental Conditions and Demands
· While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stand, talk, hear and move quickly to respond to the needs of the task.
· The job requires the use of hands, fingers, and feet to handle, feel and control heavy equipment. Frequent exposure to machinery noise and vibration.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
· The employee will occasionally
o Lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
o Lift and/or move 50 pounds to a height of five feet
o Work near moving mechanical parts
o Work in high and precarious places
o Be exposed to cold, wet and/or humid conditions
o Be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic chemicals
o Be exposed to the risk of electrical shock
· This position is subject to a pre-employment physical and drug test, and random testing in compliance with the Town of Mosinee Drug and Alcohol Abuse and Testing Policy, the Federal Department of Transportation and Highway Administration’s drug and alcohol testing regulation contained in Title 49 CFR.
· The employee shall remain free of any alcohol or non-prescribed controlled substance abuse in the workplace throughout his/her employment in the Town of Mosinee.
· Six months of satisfactory service
· Benefits will be provided according to the Town of Mosinee Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual, which may be amended by the Town Board from time to time.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to employment.
2005 Sterling L8500 - Only 31,000 miles
CAT C7 300 h.p., diesel engine; Allison 3000 RDS auto trans.; power windows; A/C
Meritor MFS-20-133A FL1 20,000# front; Meritor RS-23-160 SRS 23,000# rear
Equipment: 10’ Crysteel dump box 5 – 7 yard; RC 750 roller combo hoist 17.2 ton; 12’ Monroe 48” full trip reversible plow; pin & loop style quick hitch; Monroe 9” under tailgate spreader
$45,000 or best offer
Town of West Marshland – Grantsburg/Burnett County
Call Doug at 715-491-4249 or email: email@example.com
ELECTION SUPPLIES FOR SALE
The City of Wauwatosa (Milwaukee County) has the following election supplies for sale:
· 77 rolls of paper for the Edge equipment; per-roll cost is $3.80, will sell for $2.80/roll
· 12 rolls of paper for the Insight tabulators; per-roll cost is $3.80, will sell for $2.80/roll
· 4 bags (of 100 each) seals for these pieces of equipment; per-bag cost is $25, will sell for $18/bag
· Take-up spools (Edge); per-spool cost is $2.20, will sell for $1.00/spool (minimum 5-spool order)
Will include a partial roll or two of paper at no cost while supplies last! Minimum 5-roll order, please.
Will also include 25 seals from a partial bag at no cost while supplies last! S&H to be negotiated.
Please contact Joanne Pelczynski, Wauwatosa City Clerk’s Office, if interested: firstname.lastname@example.org (414) 479-8921. City of Wauwatosa, 7725 W. North Avenue, Wauwatosa, WI 53213
Finance Supervisor Opening - Sister Bay, WI
A mature and historic waterfront community, the Village of Sister Bay is located on Green Bay on the Door County Peninsula. Population of 900 expands to 5000 during the May – October tourist season. The Village balances the needs of a growing retirement community, while attracting and supporting its younger population with a vibrant tourism-based economy. The Village has carefully controlled growth to maintain its charm, character and natural beauty. The Village operates under the President-Trustee form of government with an appointed Village Administrator.
The Finance Supervisor is hired by and reports to the Village Administrator. The Village FY 2015 combined budget is approximately $4.3 million. The Finance Supervisor is responsible for all financial matters including accounting, preparation of government reports, treasury management, accounts payable/receivable, budget preparation, fiscal analysis/projections, benefits administration, insurance coordination and risk management.
This position requires experience in financial administration, accounting and budgeting. A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, public administration or business administration plus five years of professional experience in finance, or the equivalent, is required. Ability to prepare complex financial reports, supervise work of others, perform fiscal planning, provide financial advice and communicate effectively is essential; thorough knowledge of laws and policies governing municipalities important. Skill with Excel spreadsheets required; experience with Caselle Software sought.
The former Finance Director retired after 10 years of service.
Generous Benefits: Retirement, Health, Dental, PTO and relocation assistance.
Salary DOQ; Residency not required.
Applications held confidential until a finalist is selected.
Village of Sister Bay
2383 Maple Dr
Sister Bay, WI 54234
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter, resume, and salary history to:
PO Box 769
Sister Bay, WI 54234
or e-mail credentials to email@example.com
Please visit www.sisterbaywi.gov for government information and position profile.
Pumper Fire Truck For Sale
1975 Chev Howe Pumper fire truck
15,969 miles Run and pump time
427 Cubic Inch Gas
5 Speed Transmission with 2 speed diff
800 gallon tank
Hose reel 150 ft. 1"
2 sets tower lights w/electrical rewind
Have manuals and service records
Call Joe 715-282-5581 Town of Cassian Oneida County
UW-Extension’s Local Government Center Hiring Budget Finance Specialist
The Local Government Center is looking for an individual to teach, research and provide leadership in the fields of local Government finance and budgeting.
For Sale ~ 2000 Sterling truck (with plow, wing & sander)
CAT 3126 eng. (275hp)
Contact Town Chairman, Verle Deetz, with any questions. H(715) 287-3156 ; C(715) 797-3768
Send bids to Verle Deetz -N46731 Deetz Rd. – Eleva, WI 54738
If the reserve is not met, the Board reserves the right to reject the submissions and re-bid.
Snow Plow for Sale.
Call Bill VanDerMolen Jr. at 608-475-1558 for more details.
The Town of Morrison has for sale some culverts with inside dimensions of 5 1/2 feet high by 9 foot wide by 7 1/2 feet long.
The Town of Howard Chippewa County is looking to purchase a used truck with snow plow.
Ideally it would be a 2001-2006 with a 12 ft. plow, a wing and a sander. An automatic transmission is requested. If your municipality will be selling a truck please contact Chairman Vern Schindler with the details. 715-874-5259
WANTED: Used road grader tire, size 17.5R25, would prefer a Michelin but will consider others. Needs to be a radial. Contact www.townoffountain.org
Town of Franklin, Manitowoc County
For Sale: 1984 140 G Caterpillar Grader, serial 72V6859
3506 hours, all service records on file. 3306 Cat diesel. Henke V Plow and 12 ft. Wing, Balderson plow mount assembly. Standard Cat yellow paint. No issues, runs excellent. some small areas of exterior rust. Left arm rest on operator seat is torn.
$70,000 or best offer. Board has right to reject any offers. For info contact Matt Bubolz or Bill Korinek, Highway Dept staff. 1-920-732-3337 or 1-920-901-5662. Inspect at: (by appointment) 7524 CTH J, Reedsville, Wi. 54230 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
|The Town of Rib Lake, Taylor County, has two full Konica toner cartridges for copier models 1015,1120,1212 for sale. $30.00 a piece + shipping. Contact Clerk-Karen Schneider at 715-427-3635 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org|
Town of Rome
Building Inspection – Request for proposalThe Town of Rome, Adams County, Wisconsin is seeking Building Inspection Services on a contract basis. This is not a Town employment position.
Contact the Town of Rome for a Permit Fee Schedule. Phone: 715 325-8032 or 8013.
1980 Ford F800 3208 Cat engine with 11,000 miles 6 speed automatic
transmission Winch On-board generator plant Tires good Bud wheels 2300 lb rear end Enclosed aluminum utility box Contact Jack Harrison, Town Chairman, 715-904-8100 for more information. 6/30
GRASS MASTER FLAIL MOWER FOR SALE
McKenzie Supply & Equipment model TPGM-96
|Wanted: 2000 or newer Motor Grader, prefer equipped with side wing. Town of Forest Vernon County Tom Spenner Chair 608-489-2302 email@example.com|
Rotary Woods Mower For Sale
Rotary Woods Mower Model S105 3-point hookup 5-foot cut $1000 or best offer Town of Antigo Contact Rick Parilek, Chairperson, 715-623-7962 or Wayne Schroeder, Supervisor, 715-623-3502
Fire Truck For Sale
1975 Ford 750 Bean Fire truck, 10,500 miles, 5 speed manual transmission, gas engine.
1994 Ford/Medtech Ambulance For Sale
This is a front line ambulance currently in service as a primary 911 response squad. There’s 72408 miles on the chassis. The front axle is rated to 4600 lbs. and the rear axle to 8710 lbs.
It’s been very well cared for and is one of the three ambulances we run with. These squads are primarily used for 911 responses. We average 365 calls a year.
The squad would come with all emergency lights, siren and Optronics Blue Eye 2000 Spot light, rated at 200,000 cp. We are asking $10,500.