Please Note: WTA videos are for educational purposes and are not intended as a substitute for legal advice from your municipal attorney. The state of the law can change rapidly. If you have any questions about whether the content of a WTA video is still current as to the present law please contact us. Thank you.
1. If you want to dive right in, go ahead and click the link right above this. A separate video player will launch where you can view all of the WTA videos. If that sounds too dangerous, read the below for help.
2. Some of the videos will have accompanying materials provided. Those will be listed below this under the "Video Materials" heading. Please click on the desired material to bring it up.
3. When the video player comes up, the first video selected will automatically be Rick's introduction to the videos. If you do nothing, this video will begin playing after a couple of seconds.
4. You may select a different video to watch at any time. Just click on one of the options displayed on the right side of the video player.
5. On the right side with the video listings, there are categories listed along the top. You can click on a category name or use the arrows to navigate.
6. After you click on a category, if there are a lot of videos in it, you can use the arrows along the bottom to navigate through all of the videos in that category.
1. Slides to Lee Turonie's Ch. 985 Legal Notices & Open Meetings video
2. Slides to Lee Turonie's Ethics Code video
3. Slides to Carol Nawrocki's Annual Town Meeting video
4. Slides to Carol Nawrocki's Closed Session video
5. Detailed Town Officer Job Descriptions
- As a supplement to Rick's presentation on the same topic.
6. Slides to the Leadership Skills for Town Officials Workshop (Fall 2011 WTA Convention)
7. Slides to Lee Turonie's Public Works Contracts & Bidding video
8. Slides to Lee Turonie's Town Revenue Sources video
9. Slides to Lee Turonie's Acquisition & Disposal of Town Property video
10. Slides to DNR's presentation on ATV/UTV/Snowmobile issues for towns and villages on highways
11. Materials to Attorney Drew Cochrane's presentation on Employee Policies and Benefits under Act 10 of state law.
Employee Handbooks Outline; Sample Employee Handbook; Grievance Procedures.
12. Slides to the DNR's presentation on General Permit Authority (for culvert and bridge replacement). Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3.
13. Slides to Panel Presentation: Broadband: A passing fad, or critical town infrastructure?