Dunn County Unit Meeting
July 26th, 2021 | 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Event Location: Dunn County Community Services Building - Room 054/Auditorium, Lower Level | 3001 US Highway 12 East | Menomonie, Wisconsin 54751 Get Directions »
- Call to Order – Chairman Chuck Siler (6:30 pm)
- Roll Call of the Towns – Vice-Chair Bob Cook
- Minutes of Previous Meeting – Secretary/Treasurer Cheryl Miller
- Treasurer’s Report – Secretary/Treasurer Cheryl Miller
- Legislative Updates – WTA District Representatives present (6:35 pm)
- Legislative Issues and Member Q&A – Legislators present (6:40 pm)
- Dunn County Emergency Management Office – Discussion on available emergency assistance, DOT/WDF assistance, and incorporating 211 services (6:45 pm)
- Continuing Discussion on ATV Use on Town Roads and Results of Question to Towns: Should the hours in Dunn County ATV Ordinance be changed to 6:00 am – 11:00 pm? (7:10 pm)
- Updates on ARPA Funds (7:20 pm)
- Open Discussion on Town Projects, Issues, etc. (7:25 pm)
- Open Discussion on 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Resolution (7:35 pm)
- Open Discussion on How County-Level Decisions Affect Towns (7:45 pm)
- Open Discussion and Action on Spending Down Unit Funds (7:55 pm)
- Annual Banquet in October – set date/time/program/presenters (8:10 pm)
- Drawing for One Free Annual Convention Registration – WTA County Unit Stimulus* (8:20 pm)
- Other Matters and Upcoming Agenda Items (8:25 pm)
- Next Meeting Date (Annual Banquet in October)
- Adjourn (8:30 pm)
Agenda may be presented in a different order than shown. Action may be taken on any or all items as shown. Speakers may be different than shown.
The meeting will be in-person and CDC guidelines will be followed for social distancing. Attendees are asked to wear a face covering if you have not been vaccinated yet, unless you have an underlying health condition that may prevent you from wearing one. If you are or have recently felt ill or have a fever or have been in contact with someone that is ill, please do not attend.
An email reminder will be sent 3-5 business days prior to this meeting. We use the email address submitted annually by your town. If you are NOT receiving emails from WTA, please contact our office at 715-526-3157 with your email address.
Senators and Representatives:
Please advise Cheryl Miller, Dunn County Unit Secretary, at 715-556-5034 as to whether you will be able to attend. Thank you!
WTA County Unit Stimulus*Unit meetings are critical to WTA. It is where we network, learn, and develop capacity with state Representatives and Senators. All town elected and appointed officials are encouraged to attend county unit meetings. Without effective unit meetings, town government would be much different. Simply, a lot of our political influence is generated at and much of our network-based learning occurs during successful and well attended unit meetings.
COVID prompted a wide variety of approaches to unit meetings. Members responded to each uniquely, some positively and some with decreased attendance. In order to not only return to our previous level of success with unit meetings, but grow that success, WTA is offering the following incentives to be deployed at unit meetings:
Drawing #1:One free Annual Convention registration will be raffled off at a unit meeting held sometime in June-September. If a winner knows on the night of the drawing that they cannot attend, then a new winner should be drawn.
Drawing #2:One $50 gift card will be raffled off at a unit meeting held sometime in June-December.
Attendance Incentive:The unit with the best attendance at a unit meeting held between June-September will receive $250 for their unit. Spouses and guests should not be included in the count. The unit with the highest percentage attendance will be deemed the winner.
NOTE: Unit leadership will provide the winner’s names to WTA. The convention winner will receive a non-transferrable certificate from WTA to be sent in with their registration no later than October 4, and the gift card will be mailed to the winner no later than January 14, 2022.
Thank you to Scott Construction and Kwik Trip for sponsoring these drawings and supporting this effort!