In conjunction with the UW Local Government Center, the Wisconsin Towns Association proudly offers workshops on a variety of topics. Each September, the two organizations host the Fall Town and Village Workshops. In the past, these workshops have provided timely education on preparing a budget, understanding the Municipal Levy Limit worksheet, adopting the levy and adopting a budget. These workshops also have covered such topics as pavement management, capital improvement planning, EMS/Fire Shared Services, handling disorderly members of the public, serving as fence viewers, collecting personal property taxes and much more.
Additionally, Town Official Workshops are offered in May of odd numbered years. These workshops are especially beneficial to those officials who have just begun serving in their position. These workshops are generally announced in the spring of odd numbered years.
2021 Spring Workshops
May 10-14, 9:00-11:30am
May 17-21, 1:00-3:30pm
- Powers and Duties of Town Officials
- Fundamentals of Town Road Operations
- Creating a Capital Improvement Plan
- Open Meetings Law
- Public Records Issues and Answers
- Budget and Finance Basics
- Fundamentals for Planning and Zoning Officials
- Relationship Building/Dealing with Contentious Topics
Registration coming soon!