Jackson County Unit Meeting
November 15th, 2021 | 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Event Location: Department of Health and Human Services Building (DHHS) | 421 County Road R | Black River Falls, Wisconsin 54615 Get Directions »
- Call Meeting to Order/Pledge of Allegiance/Introductions – Steve
- Minutes from last Unit Meetings – Phil (Sign-in for prize drawing for $50 gift card)
- “Jackson County Broadband Grant Project”; Presentation by Jackson County Board Chairman, Ray Ransom
- County Department Updates (Invited)
- Ray Ransom, Chairman – County Board of Supervisors
- Jay Borek, Highway Commissioner
- Duane Waldera, County Sheriff
- Jason Gazdecki, Zoning Administrator
Ten Minute Break
Refreshments Sponsored by Jack Dittmar – SCOTT CONSTRUCTION
- Federal Legislators (Invited); US Senators Johnson & Baldwin, US Representative Kind
- State Legislators (Invited); Sen. Kathy Bernier, Sen. Patrick Testin, Sen. Jeff Smith, Rep. Jesse James, Rep. Nancy VanderMeer, Rep. Treig Pronschinske
- Wisconsin Towns Association News and Information – Jack Herricks and Steve Dickinsen, WTA District 2 State Directors
- Town Board Member “Round Table Discussion – Report from each Town
- Drawing for $50.00 Gift Card (see back of letter for details)
- Adjournment 9:00 pm
Your County Unit Officers invite all Town Board Members to attend the quarterly meetings of the “Jackson County Towns Association”. These meetings are intended for our Town Board Officials, Planning Commissions, and any other Town Appointed Committee Members. WTA Unit Meetings provide for a wide variety of educational topics and the opportunity for you to address your County, State and Federal Leaders.
- Two ZOOM meetings were held in coordination with WTA Staff due to COVID restrictions. Various topics covered.
- Thursday, August 12, 2021 – American Rescue Plan Act
- Monday, November 15, 2021 – Jackson County Broadband Project
2022 Meeting Dates to be Held at the Jackson County DHHS Building
- Monday, February 21, 2022
- Monday, May 16, 2022
- Monday, August 15, 2022
- Monday, November 22, 2022
There are only four, 2-hour (7-9 pm) meetings each year. We think you will find them informative, interesting, and educational. Your attendance and participation are always appreciated.
Steve Dickinsen, Unit Chair (Town of Garfield) 715-597-3360
Dan Smrekar, Unit Vice Chair (Town of Millston) 715-299-5350
Phil Hazard, Unit Secretary (Town of Cleveland) 715-334-5104
An email reminder will be sent 3-5 business days prior to this meeting. We use the email address submitted annually by your town. If you are NOT receiving emails from WTA, please contact our office at 715-526-3157 with your email address.
Senators and Representatives:
Please advise Phil Hazard, Jackson County Unit Secretary, at 715-334-5104 as to whether you will be able to attend. Thank you!
WTA County Unit StimulusUnit meetings are critical to WTA. It is where we network, learn, and develop capacity with state Representatives and Senators. All town elected and appointed officials are encouraged to attend county unit meetings. Without effective unit meetings, town government would be much different. Simply, a lot of our political influence is generated at and much of our network-based learning occurs during successful and well attended unit meetings.
COVID prompted a wide variety of approaches to unit meetings. Members responded to each uniquely, some positively and some with decreased attendance. In order to not only return to our previous level of success with unit meetings, but grow that success, WTA is offering the following incentive to be deployed at unit meetings:
Drawing:One $50 gift card will be raffled off at a unit meeting held sometime in June-December.
NOTE: Unit leadership will provide the winner’s name to WTA. The gift card will be mailed to the winner no later than January 14, 2022
Thank you to Scott Construction and Kwik Trip for sponsoring these drawings and supporting this effort!