Dunn County Unit Meeting
January 24th, 2022 | 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm | Wisconsin Get Directions »
County unit meeting participation is encouraged for all town officials. The meetings empower you to network with other town officials, engage with legislators, learn from speakers, hear updates from WTA Directors, and improve your ability to serve your constituents. The Dunn County Unit leaders look forward to your participation.
- Call to Order – Chairman Chuck Siler (6:30 pm)
- Roll Call of the Towns – Vice-Chair Bob Cook
- Minutes of Previous Meeting – Secretary/Treasurer Cheryl Miller
- Treasurer’s Report – Secretary/Treasurer Cheryl Miller
- Legislative Matters/Issues – WTA District Representatives and Legislators Present (6:35 pm)
- Presentation on Invasive Plant Species (Invasive plant species are spreading along roadsides faster than ever, and many towns and county highway departments are slowing their spread by implementing a combination of plans and techniques that are cost-effective) – Chris Gaetzke, Executive Director, Lower Chippewa Invasives Partnership, Inc. (6:50 pm)
- Invasives Spraying and Inhibitors Used on County System – Dustin Binder, Engineer Superintendent, Dunn County Public Works/Highway Department (7:20 pm)
- Presentation on Legislative/Contemporary Updates – Joe Ruth, Legal Counsel, Wisconsin Towns Association (7:30 pm)
- Discussion and Action on Possible Honorarium for Lower Chippewa Invasives Partnership, Inc. (8:00 pm)
- Ongoing Discussion and Action on Spending Down Unit Funds (8:10 pm)
- Other Matters, Open Discussion on Town Issues, and Upcoming Agenda Items (8:20 pm)
- Set Next Meeting Date
- Adjourn (8:30 pm)
Agenda may be presented in a different order than shown. Action may be taken on any or all items as shown. Speakers may be different than shown.
An email reminder will be sent 3-5 business days prior to this meeting. If you are NOT receiving emails from WTA, please contact our office at 715-526-3157 with your email address.
Senators and Representatives:
Please advise Cheryl Miller, Dunn County Unit Secretary, at 715-556-5034 as to whether you will be able to attend. Thank you!