Jackson County Unit Meeting
August 23rd, 2022 | 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Event Location: Department of Health and Human Services Building (DHHS) | 421 County Road R | Black River Falls, Wisconsin 54615 Get Directions »
County unit meeting participation is encouraged for all town officials. The meetings empower you to network with other town officials, engage with legislators, learn from speakers, hear updates from WTA Directors, and improve your ability to serve your constituents. The Jackson County Unit leaders look forward to your participation.
- Call Meeting to Order/Pledge of Allegiance/Introductions
- Minutes Read from last Unit Meeting/Attendance
- County Department Reports (Invited)
- Representatives, County Board of Supervisors
- Jay Borek, Highway Commissioner
- Duane Waldera, County Sheriff
- Jason Gazdecki, Zoning Administrator
- News and Information from the Wisconsin Towns Association;
WTA State Directors – Jack Herricks and Steve Dickinsen
Refreshments Sponsored by SCOTT CONSTRUCTION
- Federal Legislative Candidates Introduced; 5-minute presentation from each candidate in attendance. Candidates will focus on Town Government Issues. This is not a debate forum.
- State Legislative Candidates Introduced; 5-minute presentation from each candidate in attendance. Candidates will focus on Town Government Issues. This is not a debate forum.
- Candidates from other State Offices Introduced; 5-minute presentation from each candidate in attendance.
- Town Board Member “Round Table Discussion – Report from each Town
- Adjournment 9:00 pm (Next Unit Meeting Date: Monday, November 21, 2022)
Your County Unit Officers invite all Town Board Members to attend the quarterly meetings of the “Jackson County Towns Association”. These meetings are intended for Town Clerks and Treasurers, Town Chairs and Supervisors, Planning Commissions, and any other Town Appointed Committee Members. WTA Unit Meetings provide for a wide variety of educational topics and the opportunity for you to address your County, State and Federal Legislators.
2021 Meeting Dates/Topics
- Two ZOOM meetings were held in coordination with WTA Staff due to COVID restrictions. Various topics covered.
- Thursday, August 12, 2021 – “American Rescue Plan Act”
- Monday, November 15, 2021 – “Jackson County Broadband Project”
2022 Meeting Dates/Meetings to be Held at the Jackson County DHHS Building
- Monday, February 21, 2022 – “Building Better Town Roads”
- Monday, May 16, 2022 – “Building Better Town Roads” (continued)
- Tuesday, August 23, 2022 – TBA
- Monday, November 21, 2022 – TBA
There are only four, 2-hour (7-9 pm) meetings each year. We think you will find them informative, interesting, and educational. Your attendance and participation are always appreciated.
Steve Dickinsen, Unit Chair (Town of Garfield) 715-597-3360
Dan Smrekar, Unit Vice Chair (Town of Millston) 715-299-5350
Phil Hazard, Unit Secretary (Town of Cleveland) 715-334-5104
An email reminder will be sent 3-5 business days prior to this meeting. We use the email address submitted annually by your town. If you are NOT receiving emails from WTA, please contact our office at 715-526-3157 with your email address.
Senators and Representatives:
Please advise Phil Hazard, Jackson County Unit Secretary, at 715-334-5104 as to whether you will be able to attend. Thank you!