Jackson County Unit Meeting
June 1st, 2023 | 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Event Location: Department of Health and Human Services Building (DHHS) | 421 County Road R | Black River Falls, Wisconsin 54615 Get Directions »
- Call Meeting to Order & Pledge of Allegiance
- Attendance Form Will be Passed Around the Room
- Minutes Read from Our Last Unit Meeting
- Election of Unit Officers – Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary
- Legislative Reports (Invited)
- WI Senator Tammy Baldwin, WI Senator Ron Johnson
- Congressman Derrick Van Orden - WI 3rd, Congressman Tom Tiffany - WI 7th Dist.
- County Department Reports (Invited)
- County Board of Supervisors
- Jay Borek, Highway Commissioner
- Duane Waldera, County Sheriff
- Bridge and Culvert Replacement on Town Roads
- Gaylord Olson, County Conservationist
- Trout Unlimited Technicians (Invited)
- Brad Betthauser, DNR Liaison
- The Future of Recycling in Jackson County
- Notes From Previous Meeting
- News and Information from the Wisconsin Towns Association
- WTA State Directors – Jack Herricks and Steve Dickinsen
- State Senate; Sen. Jesse James - Dist.23, Sen. Patrick Testin - Dist.24, Sen. Jeff Smith - Dist.31
- State Assembly; Rep. Donna Rozar - Dist.69, Rep. Nancy VanderMeer - Dist.70, Rep. Treig Pronschinske - Dist.92
- Town Official Reports
- What is happening in your Town? (A short update of your Towns recent activities)
- Adjournment 9:00 pm (Next Unit Meeting Date: Thursday, September 7, 2023)
Your County Unit Officers invite all Town Board Officials to attend our quarterly meetings of the “Jackson County Towns Association.” These meetings are intended for Clerks and Treasurers, Chairs and Supervisors, Planning Commissions, and any other Town Appointed Committee Members. Unit Meetings provide for a wide variety of educational topics and the opportunity for you to address your County, State and Federal Legislators.
Meeting Dates for 2023
(Unit Meetings are held at the Jackson County DHHS in Black River Falls and run from 7:00-9:00 pm)
- Thursday, March 16, 2023 – Recycling & Legislative Priorities
- Thursday, June 1, 2023 – Bridge & Culvert Replacement, State Budget
- Thursday, September 7, 2023 – TBA
- Thursday, December 7, 2023 – TBA
Meetings Held in 2022
- Monday, February 21, 2022 – “Building Better Town Roads”
- Monday, May 16, 2022 – “Building Better Town Roads” (continued)
- Monday, August 15, 2022 – Legislative Candidates, Town Issues/Concerns
- Thursday, December 1, 2022 – Jonathan Hemp, Zoning Administrator
There are only four, 2-hour (7-9 pm) meetings each year. We think you will find them informative, interesting, and educational. Your attendance and participation are always appreciated.
Steve Dickinsen, Unit Chair (Town of Garfield) 715-597-3360
Dan Smrekar, Unit Vice Chair (Town of Millston) 715-299-5350
Phil Hazard, Unit Secretary (Town of Cleveland) 715-334-5104
An email reminder will be sent 3-5 business days prior to this meeting. We use the email address submitted annually by your town. If you are NOT receiving emails from WTA, please contact our office at 715-526-3157 with your email address.
Senators and Representatives:
Please advise Phil Hazard, Jackson County Unit Secretary, at 715-334-5104 as to whether you will be able to attend. Thank you!
NOTE: This meeting will happen shortly after the election of Town Officials, so PLEASE INVITE ALL NEW TOWN OFFICIALS TO THE MEETING. Getting new officials started off on the right foot with training in their new position will make that person more effective in their new role. New officials may meet the District Directors and obtain the additional resources the WTA can provide as they learn the local government responsibilities and processes.