Dunn County Unit Meeting
October 27th, 2021 | 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Event Location: Tainter United Methodist Church | N7584 690th Street | Colfax, Wisconsin 54730 Get Directions »
- Call to Order – Chairman Chuck Siler (7:15 pm)
- Roll Call of the Towns – Vice-Chair Bob Cook
- Minutes of Previous Meeting – Secretary/Treasurer Cheryl Miller
- Treasurer’s Report – Secretary/Treasurer Cheryl Miller
- Legislative Updates – WTA District Representatives present (7:20 pm)
- Legislative Issues and Member Q&A – Legislators present (7:25 pm)
- Updates on County Road Projects, Bridge Aid, LRIP, and Salt Sand – John Sworski, Dunn County Highway Commissioner/Public Works Director (7:30 pm)
- ARPA Updates, Reporting Requirements/Deadlines, Q&A – Jack Langenhahn, WTA Outreach Specialist (7:40 pm)
- Continuing Discussion on ATV Use on Town Roads: Will Your Town Change Your ATV Ordinance to Match the County’s Ordinance if They Change Their Hours of Operation to 6 am to 11 pm and Reduce Your Speed Limit to 35 mph? (8:20 pm)
- Open Discussion on Town Projects, Issues, and County-Level Decisions (8:25 pm)
- Open Discussion and Action on Spending Down Unit Funds (8:30 pm)
- Individual Member Drawing for One $50 Gift Card – WTA County Unit Stimulus (8:35 pm)
- Other Matters and Upcoming Agenda Items (8:40 pm)
- Set Next Meeting Date
- Adjourn (8:45 pm)
Agenda may be presented in a different order than shown. Action may be taken on any or all items as shown. Speakers may be different than shown.
The meeting will be in-person and CDC guidelines will be followed for social distancing and food service. Attendees are asked to wear a face covering if you have not been vaccinated yet, unless you have an underlying health condition that may prevent you from wearing one. If you are or have recently felt ill or have a fever or have been in contact with someone that is ill, please do not attend.
An email reminder will be sent 3-5 business days prior to this meeting. We use the email address submitted annually by your town. If you are NOT receiving emails from WTA, please contact our office at 715-526-3157 with your email address.
Senators and Representatives:
Please advise Cheryl Miller, Dunn County Unit Secretary, at 715-556-5034 as to whether you will be able to attend. Thank you!
WTA County Unit StimulusUnit meetings are critical to WTA. It is where we network, learn, and develop capacity with state Representatives and Senators. All town elected and appointed officials are encouraged to attend county unit meetings. Without effective unit meetings, town government would be much different. Simply, a lot of our political influence is generated at and much of our network-based learning occurs during successful and well attended unit meetings.
COVID prompted a wide variety of approaches to unit meetings. Members responded to each uniquely, some positively and some with decreased attendance. In order to not only return to our previous level of success with unit meetings, but grow that success, WTA is offering the following incentive to be deployed at unit meetings:
Drawing:One $50 gift card will be raffled off at a unit meeting held sometime in June-December.
NOTE: Unit leadership will provide the winner’s name to WTA. The gift card will be mailed to the winner no later than January 14, 2022.
Thank you to Scott Construction and Kwik Trip for sponsoring these drawings and supporting this effort!